Department of Environmental Affairs Bursaries 2020
The Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa has opened up for 2020 bursaries for the qualified applicants to apply. Below are everything you need to know before you apply for the bursaries, from the qualified qualifications and the mode of application and the closing date.
The main objectives of the bursary are
- to facilitate and enhance youth development
- is to help develop a quality of long lasting learning within the department.
Required Documents and Mode of Application
Below are the required document that must be made ready and accompany the application before your application will be considered. In view of this, all applicants must as a matter of seriousness attach the following documents alongside the application form or letter:
- A motivational letter indicating why the bursary should be awarded to you. In other words, why should the department offer you such amount of money. Convince them with proof, you can talk about your potentials and also you financial constraints and your aspirations that will eventually benefit the department and citizens in general.
- Copies of all qualifications and recent academic records (all certified or endorsed)
- Identified Document certified for the applicant and the guardians or parents (both parents if applicable)
- A letter of acceptance for first year students. This is a proof that you are officially admitted into the institution
- Registration proof for those who are already pursuing their courses (Continuing Students).
- Proof of a parents’ or guardian’s income. It could be a payslip or appointment letter stating the salary.
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Death certificate or any official document proving that parents are deceased. This is for those who have lost their parents.
- There must Affidavit to proof in case the parents are not working.
Funded Field of Study or Courses
Find below the course of study supported for this bursary 2020
|Biodiversity and Conservation (Ref: BC/01/2020)||Chemicals and Waste Management (Ref: CWM/01/2020)||Chief Operating Officer (Ref: COO/01/2020)||Climate Change and Air Quality and Sustainbaility Development (Ref: CCAQ /01/2020)||Environmental Programmes (Ref: EP/01/2020)||Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring (Ref: RCSM/01/2020)||Oceans and Coast (Ref: OC/01/2020)|
| National Diploma: Nature Conservation|
BA Degree Environmental Management / Science
ND: Ecotourism and game range management
BA Degree Environmental Economics
BSc Zoology and Botany
BSc Environmental Management (Majoring in Environmental law)
BHCS Heritage and Cultural Studies
| ND/B Degree/Hons/MSc/MTech Environmental Science|
B Degree/Honours/MSc/MTech Environmental Management
M Sc/MTech Chemical Engineering/Chemistry
Hons/MSc/MTech Biochemistry or Microbiology
B Degree/Honours/MSc/MTech Waste Management
MSc/MTech Environmental Health
ND/B Degree/Hons/MSc/MSc Natural Sciences (Geography, Chemistry)
B Degree/Hons/MSc Environmental Economics
ND/B Degree/Hons/MSc Biological Science
MSc/MTech Waste Management
B Degree/ND/Hons/MA Geography
B Degree/ ND/ Hons/ MSc Environmental Engineering and Bio Technology
| ND/ BSc / Honours / Masters Environmental Science / Environmental Management|
Bachelor s degree / Honours / Masters/ PhD Environmental Monitoring, Compliance, Enforcement and Control
Degree, honours, masters Climate change and sustainability management
Honours, masters, PhD Environmental research and development
Degree, Honours, Masters, PhD Environmental Engineering
Degree, honours, masters Environmental Health
Degree Risk Management
ND/ Degree Internal Audit
Degree Information Management/ Information Systems
Post-graduate Public Administration/ Public Management / Governance
| BSc/ND Environmental Science|
BSc/ND Environmental Management
ND/B Degree Earth Science
ND/B Degree Natural Science
ND/B Degree Conservation
ND/B Degree Hydrology
| B SC/Hons/Masters Environmental Science/Environmental Law/Environmental Economics/ Water Resource|
PhD Environmental Management
MPhil Science Communication
Hons/Master/PhD Botany or Entomology or Zoology or Ecology
Hons/Master/PhD Social Science
| LLB (Major courses Administrative law, legislative drafting, Environmental Law)|
A Diploma or Degree in Paralegal
Bachelor of Environmental Management (majoring in Animal and wildlife management)
BSc in Chemistry
BSc majoring in Geography
Bachelor of Environmental Management majoring in Environmental Impact Assessment
BSc Chemistry, botany
BA Information Management
| ND/B Tech/BSc Hons/MSc/PhD: Marine Science
BSc/Hons/MA Environmental Economics
BTech/MTech/Hons/ M Sc/Oceanography
BSc Environmental Science/Management
BTech/MTech/Hons/MA Environmental Economics
B Degree Coastal Management
B Degree Town and Regional planning
B Degree Social Development Studies
ND/BEng/BTech/Hons/MA Mechanical Engineering
B Sc/Hons/MSc Computer Science or Information Systems Engineering
Other Bursaries 2020
How to Apply for the Bursary
Download the Application Form from the button below and fill it in ink and make sure you have carefully examined all the instructions before writing anything on the paper. After downloading the PDF file, get a printer to print out the copies, you can print two copies and use one as a test copy.Download Application Form
Hand Deliveries and Inquiries
You can submit your completed application forms in person or make any further inquiries using the following contact details:
- Environment House
473 Steve Biko Street,
C/o Steve Biko and Soutpansberg Road
- Busisiwe Stemele (Tel: +27 12 399 8685)
- [Nita Makgohlo (Tel: +27 12 399 8684)
- Mokhobo Putu (Tel: +27 12 399 9018)
- Environment House
- Cape Town
- Department of Environmental Affairs
63 Strand Street
Cape Town For enquiries contact:
- Sarah Mathunyane (Tel: +27 21 814 8084)
- Neliswa Magwala (Tel: +27 21 814 8089)
- Asemahle Vumazonke (Tel: +27 21 814 8104)
- Department of Environmental Affairs
However, if you want to post it by mail, then use the postal address below:
- Applications must be directed to Department of Environment Forestry and Fisheries, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001, Attention: Learning and Development
Consideration will be given to students or applicants who have previously been disadvantage and have disability.
You must also note the following when applying:
- This bursary application is only opened to full-time students duly registered with an institution of higher learning and not currently employed.
- The Reference number of the advert and the study field must clearly be indicated.
- Failure to complete the application process will make your application not considered.
- Any application faxed or emailed will not be considered.
- All correspondence will only be limited to successful applicants. So if you do not receive any correspondence form the department, consider your application unsuccessful.
- If by the end of January 2020 you have not heard anything from the department, (thus Friday 31st January, 2020) consider you application as unsuccessful.
- All those those whose applications would be successful will be required to sign a bursary contract.
- The applications is opened till 8th November, 2019.
Filling the Application Forms of Environmental Affairs Bursaries 2020.
The applications form is a 8-page forms comprising of A – I sections. But before the sections, there is a place to fill the Reference Number and Field of Study
- Section A requires the applicant’s personal information such as Name, Gender, Nationality, Race, Province, Telephone or Cell number, disability status etc.
- Section B is about the applicant’s educational qualifications both previous and currents ones. make sure your certificates are handy or readily available. Note that copies of such certificates and documents must be attached for submission.
- Section C is about the current studies for which the applicants wish to access the bursary.
- Section D requires that the applicant provide information other bursaries currently or previously enjoyed if any.
- Section E is for research experience and output. This apply only to those offering Masters or Honours degrees.
- Section F wants details of the guardian or parent currently responsible for the applicant’s studies including the annual salary of the guardian.
- Section G is a space provided for the applicant to state the motivation or the justification why he/she should be given the bursary. It is a limited space, so the applicant must make judicious use of the space.
- Section H is about documentation. Here the applicant is required to attach all necessary documentation needed.
- Section I which is the last section is a declaration by the applicant that all the information submitted are accurate. The applicant append his/her signature and date.
As stated above, the application form can be downloaded from the button above.
The official bursary announcement by the Environmental Affairs Department can be found here