Funza Lushaka Applications
This bursary is sponsored by the government of South Africa. Before you proceed with the Funza Lushaka online applications, you must take note of the following:
- You are eligible if you have the following
- Criminal Record
- Charged of misconduct or dismissed from work
- Higher Education Institution employees, spouses, children and or dependents are allowed to access this bursary and failing to disclose this will be treated as fraud if later found out
- The bursary application is only applied through only, no hard copies will be accepted.
- You must print the completed online application.
- If you have any other teaching qualification, you are not allowed to access this facility. It is only for those first-timers offering teaching qualification.
Funza Lushaka Applications – How To Register and Apply
- Visit the e-Gov portal at www.eserives.gov.za
- Click on register to provide personal information.
- After registration, Click on Login and enter your username and password used during registration.
- The eservices registration has five (5) basic steps and you have to finish one before going to the next.
- Step 1: It is personal details like First Name, Last Name, ID Number( for South Africans) and Passport Number (for Non-South Africans)
- Step 2: Contact details: like Cell phone number and Email address
- Step 3: Address details such as Physical and Postal address
- Step 4: Password details. Enter a password and username, it must something you can easily remember.
- Step 5: Verification. You will have to verify the ownership of the cell phone number and email address provded.
- Select the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme from the eservices menu.
- One-time-Pin (OTP) that was received should be entered on the preferred channel.
- Check/Tick “Accept Terms and Conditions”
- Click on the year of application button, for example, 2019, on the dashboard.
- Follow on the onscreen steps and fill the required information
- After that, accept the declaration so as to confirm the information provided.
Funza Lushaka Application Forms
As stated above, the application for this financial scheme is only done online and you can only print a copy of the completed online applications.
Because of this, application forms in pdf si not available and never be deceived to download any pdf format of the applications forms. As such, you can offer help for anyone facing challenges applying for Funza Lushaka bursary online.
Programmes Funded By Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme.
It must be noted that, the bursary schme has specific academic programs that fund and below are the undergraduate and post graduate courses. Since the main aim of the scheme is to help in teaching, the qualification or the programme of study must be the one that will allow the student to specialize as a teacher in at least two priority areas( see the nest subheading)
- Undergraduate Courses:
- Bachelor of Education(B. Ed) 4-year degree with specializes in foundation phase ( Grade R-3), Intermediate Phase (Grade 4-6), Senior Phase (Grade 7-9) and FET Phase (Grade 10-12)
- Graduate Studies:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education(PGCE) 1-year degree who majored in the at least one of the subject in the priority area. It must however be noted that, some ubiversities offer course which combine specialisation in the Foundation Phase (thus Grade R – 3) and Intermediate Phase (thus Grade 4 – 6), or the Intermediate Phase and Senior Phase, or the Senior Phase (Grade 7 – 9) and FET Phase (Grade 10 –12). All thesescmobinatiosn are also acceptable.
Who Is Qualified to Apply/ General Qualifications
- The applicant must in the first place a South African citizen
- The applicant must prove his or her academic credibility or potential.
Below is the minimum academic requirement for the award of the bursary
- For First Time University Entrants:
- You must have gained admission to Bachelor degree studies, exemption or endorsement and pass at matric/Grade 12 level.
- The applicant must have at least a level 4 pass in the subject the applicant intends to teach. For example, you must have attained a level pass for Mathematics if you intend to teach Mathematics after you have completed your course.
- Any applicant who intends to specialises in the Foundation phase, he/she must have a pass in Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy at Grade 12 level. In addition to that, a level 4 pass in Home Language is a must. For those who completed matric before 2008 when Mathematics was optional, the applicant must have an overall good performance of average of at least 50%.
- Any applicant who has the desire to specialize in the teaching of Technology subjects but does not have those subjects in the matric level must have at least obtained pass 4 in Mathematics.
- In case the institution has a higher qualification requirement than the minimum required by Funza Lushaka scheme or vice versa, the higher qualification will apply.
- For Applicants Already At the University:
- The applicant must have passed all tghe modules of study a year prior to the year of application at the higher Education Institution. The pass must be at least 55% average over all the modules.
- The applicant must have an average of 55% pass in the modules in the previous year at the university which relate tothe prioiry area of teaching specialisation.
- It must be noted that these are the minimum requirement. The Selection of a successful applicant will be based on academic excellence. Meeting the minimum criterial does not guarantee that your application will be granted.
You would Also Love To See The List Of All Education and Teaching Bursaries In South Africa. Click Here