SASSA Grant Payment Dates
In this article, you are provided with all the SASSA grant payment dates. SASSA usually pays social grants on the first day of the month but as was recently reported by South Africa Social Security Agency (SASSA) with regards to some changes in the payment plan.
A letter cited by this portal on the government of South Africa website indicates that payment of August grants will be paid on 30th August, 2019 instead of the 1stof September because 1st of September was a weekend.
. In that letter, it was made clear that social grants are usually paid on the first day of the month with the exception of few instances where the day falls on weekend or holiday. When it falls on weekend or holiday, the grant is to be paid the last working day of the month just ended.
It assured beneficiaries that from October 2019, the dates for the payment will remain unchanged.
The following data will help you know the dates the SASSA grants will be paid.
- October SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Tuesday, 1st October, 2019
- November SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Friday, 1st November 2019
- December SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Friday, 29th November, 2019. Note that, the first day of December is Sunday, therefore the last working day of the just ended month will be Friday, November 29.
- January 2020 SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Tuesday, 31St December, 2019. Since the first day of January is New Year’s Day
- February 2020 SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Friday, 31st January, 2020. Since the first day of February is Saturday (i.e. weekend)
- March 2020 SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Friday, 28th February 2020. Since March 2020 begins on weekend
- April 2020 SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Wednesday, 1st April, 2020.
- May 2020 SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Thursday, 30th April, 2020
- June 2020 SASSA Grant Payment Date
- Monday, 1st June, 2020
SASSA continues to warn beneficiaries of this social support scheme to always be careful with their cards as there fraudsters who are trying everything to steal from them. In view of these, you should not just leave you card to anyone to buy anything on your behalf and remember to keep your PIN code safe.
If any beneficiary is facing any challenge or want to make inquiries, you can access this Toll Free Number: 0800 60 10 11 or contact any of the following persons and offices for assistance.
Paseka Letsatsi (Spokesperson)
Cell: 082 883 9969
Tel: 012 400 2647