RTMC Drivers and Learners Online Portal
Do you want to apply for RTMC drivers and learners through the online portal? Here we give you all the details so that you can make an informed decision as to what to apply for. The following are the requirements you will need before your application will be considered.
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must have at least a Senior Certificate / Grade 12 or its equivalent, note thus the minimum academic qualifications.
- A minimum of Drivers Code B license.
- Must be below the age of thirty-five (35) years old.
- Must pass driving skill assessment which all the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be subjected to.
- RTMC will conduct a medical screening for all successful applicants.
- Must have security clearance and criminal records checks conducted by the RTMC.
- The applicant must be ready and willing to undergo training in all weather conditions.
- Must be diligence and discipline
- Full participation and involvement of the RTMC training programme and processes which takes a period of three (3) years.
- The successful applicant will be required to enter a training contract with RTMC for a duration of three (3) years.
These competencies and attributions will also be looked at before the final selection:
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Have command on communications both verbal and written.
- Good driving and observations skills.
- Must have basic understanding of the Criminal Procedure Act, Road Traffic Management Act, National Road Traffic Act.
- Must have knowledge of at least two provincial languages.
APPLICATION FOR RTMC
To apply for the rtmc offers, you are required to submit a letter of application ( no specified template) together with a recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualification. Certified copies of national identity (ID) and driving license.
Note that further verification of qualificatiions.
You can hand deliver ot post to the address below:
The Office of the CEO, RTMC, Private Bag X 147, Pretoria 0001.
Hand Delivery / Residential Address:
Eco Origin Office Park , Block F , 349 Witch – Hazel Street , Highveld Ex 79, Centurion 0157.
Online applications can be submitted at the rtmc website under vacancies. Click here to visit the website. RTMC reserve the right not to make any appointment.
Due to the large number of applications RTMC envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged or accepted.
If no response has been received from RTMC within three (3) months, consider your application as unsuccessful and will have to apply again in the next window.
Book Learners Test Online
Do you want to apply or book learners test online? First of all, learners license is a drivng permit that acknowledges that the holder has a basic knowlege of motor vehecles and the basic rules and regulations governing the road.
Learners license are issued for the following categories of motor vehecles:
- The First Code (Code 1) : This one is given out to motor cycle with or without a sidecar. The applicant must be 16 years or older at the time of the test.
- The Second Code (Code 2): This is issued for motor vehicle or minibus, bus or goods vehicle with a gross vehicle mass not more than 3500 kg. The applicant must be seventeen (17) years or older at the time of the test before one can apply.
- The Third Code (Code 3): This licence is issued to vehicles having a gross vehicle mass more than 3500 kg and the applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older at the time of the test in order to apply.
Procedure To Follow to Acquire Learners License
- Visit any nearest Driving License Testing Centre (DLTC) to book your test date and confirm your bookings.
- The Following doucments and particulars must be carried along
- National Identity Documnet (ID)
- Two (2) identical black-and-white ID pictures. You must first confirm from the DLTC how many pictures will be required.
- A booking fee. (Must first be confirmed from the DLTC)
- Postal and residential address proof. You can use utility bill (account). In case you are not the owner of the building, the owner must swear affidavit declaring that you are an occupant of that bill and a copy of the bill must attached to the affidavit.
- However, if you stay in an informal settlement, the ward councillor must officially date stamp your letter confirming you postal or residential address.
- For those in the Gauteng province can apply online by visiting the website: https://online.natis.gov.za and fill the necesary details and attched the required documents.
- Application for learners’ license form (LL1) must be completed. This form can be obtained at the DLTC. If you are more than sixty-five (65) years, you will also have to complete the Medical Certificate (MC) form which is also available at the centre.
- You will be required to go through an eye test either at the centre or perform eye test at a certified optometrist and submit the test report to the centre.
- You must think of this basic trick: you must as a matter of urgency study the road signs (symbols and their meanings), motor vehicle controls, motor and vehicle road signs.
- When the date or the day of the test is due, you must carry along the followuing:
- booking receipt (indicating the payemt and the date due)
- Your ID
- If you are able to pass the test, you will be required to pay the issue fee. Remember the issue fee is different from the booking fee paid earlier.
Duration for the Issuance of the Learners Licence.
The licence will be issued the same day provided the applicant passed the test and paid the required fee.
Contact Details of the Driving Licence Testing Centres Across South Africa
Here you are presented with the contact details of the DLTC centres
- Johannesburg City
- Tshwane City
- Cape Town
- Nelson Mandela Bay
- Eastern Cape Municipalities
- Free State Municipalities
- Gauteng Municipalities
- KwaZulu-Natal Municipalities
- Limpopo Municipalities
- Mpumalanga Municipalities
- North West Municipalities
- Northern Cape Municipalities
- Western Cape Municipalities
Renewal of Drivers Licence
Driving licence must be renewed four (4) weeks before its expiry. If you fail to renew it four weeks prior to the expiration, the applicant will have to apply for temporal driving licence which attract additional cost whilst waiting for main licence.
Although for renewal of driving licence, there is no need to take driving test, but you will be required to undergo an eye test and fingerprints are captured. You can however, have your eye test conducted by a qualified optometrist and submit the report to the driving licence centre.
If for one or two reasons, your eye sight has worsened, the licence will be offered with additional conditions attached.
Documents Required For Licence Renewal
- Identity Documents (ID), copies of ID, Old Licence Card or valid South African passport.
- Four black-and-white pictures. (Please note that, the applicant has to check with the centre to know the exact number of photograps needed).
- Proof of residential address just as required for the Learners Licence.
- All the applicants from Gauteng can apply at the website https://online.natis.gov.za for the online applications.
- You must complete the DL1 forms for the renewal of the licence.
- You will be required to complete the notification of change of address of persons or particulars forms.
- You must also go through eye test at the centre or have a qualified optometrist examine your eye and submit the report to the DLTC centre.
Duration for Renewal To Be Ready
It takes four (4) to six (6) weeks for the renewal of the license to be ready for collection.
The Cost of The Renewal of Licence
Please find the costof the renewal at the local DLTC centre near you.
If you have any challenge you can use the form below to have your issues resolved. Thank you