Cape Peninsula University CPUT Online Applications 2021
The Cape Peninsula University (CPUT) has opened its 2021 Online applications for admissions to various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The application is opened from Monday 18th May, 2020.
Applicants are however to note that, applications are strictly by online and no forms filled will be accepted unless otherwise stated.
Below are the whole process steps by step one have to follow to complete the application:
- Choose the preferred qualification and its special requirement
- Put together all your documents or upload any further or additional documents
- Have a copy of the application forms (Only for manual applications)
- Complete the online or the manual application form.
- Pay the required application fee. (Only for manual applicant)
- Send/Submit the application form and any other required documents (only for manual applicants)
- For online applicants, submit your online application forms after completing filling it.
- Do a followup to check the progress of the admission or the status.
How to Apply Online 2021
- All applicants who do not have cput student number, thus all those who have never studied, including short courses, at cput:
- If you have submitted your applications but wish to edit or add any supporting documents, you can Click Here.
You can also download the online application manual/guide to help you apply online successful.
Below you find the prior information as to what programme are acceptable for online applications and manual applications.
- South African Citizen currently in Grade 12 (Matric Type) or who have passed Matric or any other type and those who are being transferred from other institutions and all those who have a break in their studies at cput:
- Online Applications only
- No application fee chargeable
- NO manual applications are acceptable
- RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) Applications, Non-south Africa (international), refugee and Permanent resident and South Africa Citizens who have passed non-matric exams applicants are to note the following:
- Manual applications only
- R100 application fee chargeable
CPUT has made it possible to get a copy of the application forms in two ways.
- You can download the PDF format of the application forms here and print and fill at home.
- You also have the options to collect the printed application forms at any of the Registration Offices at the various campuses.
- Applicant must take note that, these application forms are only for the manual applicants but not those who have to apply online. Failure to adhere to this instruction will render your application invalid and rejected.
CPUT Online Applications 2021 Admission Requirements
After you have made the choice of the course you want to read, you have to make sure also that you have the minimum admission requirement in order to be considered for admission at the university. Remember, the selection is based on the competitiveness of the applicants.
The university has put together Admission Requirement leaflets which contains all the courses run at the institution. The leaflet also elaborates on general admission requirements, course structures and various campuses where these courses are offered. It is therefore imperative for prospective applicants to thoroughly read through the leaflet before applying for any course.
Click on the button below for the general admission at CPUT 2021Download Admission Requirements
Additional Admission Requirements
The following courses require applicants to submit additional requirements or documents as part of the applications.
- Optical Dispensing
- Those applicants who wish to apply for National Diploma in Optical Dispensing are required to submit the questionnaire which is downloadable below.
- Download Optical Dispensing Questionnaire
- BSc in Radiography
CPUT Online Applications 2021 Status
After successful completion and submission either through the online platform or the manual submission, there is the need to check the progress or the status of the application process. And here is how you can check the status of the application:
All applications are loaded into the CPUT database system. Once it is loaded, an sms notification will be sent to the applicant indicating that the institution has received the application. Remember this is not acceptance into the institution.
All prospective applicants can follow up or track their applications manually or through an online system.
- To track the status online, click here
- There you have three options namely (1) National ID/Passport ID/ Asylum Number (2) Student Number or (3) First Name to check the progress of your application. After providing any of the IDs click on the button Get My Application Status, just as you see in the image above.
- If your are conditionally accepted and admitted, then you will be needed to submit or upload further documents to finalize your applications.
- To manually check the status of your application, you will have to contact the following help lines to check:
- CPUT Call Centre
Tel: +27 21 959 6767
Tel: 086 123 2788
- Bellville Campus Admissions Office
Tel: +27 21 959 6256
Tel: +27 21 959 6270
District Six Campus Admissions Office
Tel: +27 21 460 3393
Tel: +27 21 460 3861
- When you make the call, the officers will require your Student Number or Passport number or Identity Number.
- All successful applicants will be notified in writing of their acceptance to the university.
- CPUT Call Centre
CPUT Fees and Payments
- A non-refundable fee of R100 must be paid during the applications
- If there is late application, if available, that would attract a fee of R150
- Payment of applications fees does not mean acceptance.
- ABSA Direct Deposit or Electronically (EFT) – Banking Details.
- Debit Orders: This facility is available Here.
- Enquiries can be made to the Student Accounts Department:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 021 959 4340/ 4342/ 4341/ 4343
Payment using ABSA or EFT:
|Bank||ABSA Bank, Public Sector Western Cape|
|Account name||Cape Peninsula University of Technology|
|Account type||Current account|
|Swift code||ABSA ZA JJ (for payments made outside South Africa)|
|Reference||Your CPUT student number|
For a complete fees and other payment options please click here for more.
Click here to check you NMU Student Portal
For any other assistance, please leave a comment below.